Friday, January 28, 2011

Why I do not purge my music library

I keep a lot of music in my itunes library because I know myself far too well at this point. I know that just because I have not yet decided that I like a band that I picked up two years ago and that I skip every time it comes on, does not mean I will not, at some unexpected point, suddenly fall completely in love with it.

It happened with David Bowie
It happened in a non-musical capacity with a pair of shoes (RIP)
It happened last night with The Velvet Underground.

I have been waiting to fall in love with them ever since I bought the sound track to the Royal Tenenbaums, and was disappointed each time a song came on and I didn't want to listen to it. But last night, finally, I spent an hour mucking about and wishing I in fact had MORE than the couple of cds hidden deep in my itunes.

Still thinking about buying an external hard drive so that I have somewhere to store all these future loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment