Friday, June 10, 2011

Goodbye Rogers and Good Riddance!

So I've decided to take the plunge and get rid of my abysmal Roger's internet connection and invest in a company that doesn't have a ludicrously low internet cap and is actively fighting for my internet rights (go team!).

Since I'm in the Ottawa area, I went with Teksavvy, because they're the one my friend mentioned and because I don't like the junkmail Primus sends me (ok, honestly, the Primus mail arrived the DAY after I called Teksavvy. I don't really have a good reason for my choice).

So I went to the website, found a fastastic deal with a 300Gig cap which costs less than  my horribly upsetting 15G current plan (which I have been going wildly over for the past three months. Dear netflix.ca, I am glad you are awesome now, but you made my plan sad, even with your readjusted data download plans) and happily filled out the form for my new set-up.

Now, you'd think that this would be good enough, but of course not, things are NEVER that simple. Turns out you need to make sure that you have already put in your one month notice with your original cable company so that Teksavvy can just transfer your connection on the day of deactivation instead of having to activate you anew and you have to buy a modem and plug it in and just sort of hope like crazy that the reason your current internet doesn't work with the new modem is because Roger's is kind of evil.

I guess I'll find out if it works soon enough.

Monday Update: TOTALLY WORKS! All I had to do was unplug everything and then plug them back in after activation and I have beautiful beautiful not Roger's internet. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment